Meet Brandon Lee, Citon’s Sales Manager, who’s helped hone our NextGen Managed Services practice for the last four years.
Q: Tell us about your role with Citon/ACP.
A: I act as the connecting point between our service team and clients to help them achieve the outcome they’re looking for like designing managed IT spaces, tailoring cyber solutions, monitoring their customer lifestyle — and everything in between. I want every client we work with to be successful, and I will help in any way I can to be there for our clients and find the best solution.
Q: What is one of your favorite projects you’ve been a part of?
A: The evolution of our NextGen Managed Services offering itself. I have had the privilege of being part of the development team of our NextGen Managed Services offering since it was Managed Service 1.0. There have been multiple iterations between 1.0 and NextGen as the space has evolved quickly — and continues to do so. Some of our changes are based on how we price things, the tools and services we include, the reporting and dashboarding that customers get and much more. I have truly developed a passion for helping businesses understand and use IT to benefit, protect and help scale their operations.
So many businesses out there are wildly under protected and have next to nothing for IT policies, cybersecurity, hardware management, etc. I love when I can help a customer see IT as part of building their business and not just as a cost or a commodity. Much of our NextGen Managed Services platform is designed to help customers stop seeing IT purely as an expense and to start seeing all the ways that managing their IT environments can greatly benefit them.
Q: How do you see Managed Services innovating and changing in the coming years?
A: Managed Services, as a practice, is evolving rapidly. Some of the changes I would think are likely to start occurring within the coming years are:
- Artificial Intelligence: Managed services providers (MSPs) will increasingly leverage automation and AI technologies to streamline operations and enhance service delivery. This may include automating routine tasks, deploying AI-powered chatbots for customer support, utilizing machine learning for predictive maintenance and leveraging data analytics for better decision-making.
- Cloud-Based Solutions:The adoption of cloud computing has increased, and managed services are expected to align with this trend. MSPs may focus on delivering cloud-based managed services, such as cloud infrastructure management, cloud security, and multi-cloud management. For some, the shift towards cloud-based solutions could allow for greater scalability, flexibility and cost-effectiveness.
- Hybrid and Multi-Cloud Management: Many organizations are adopting hybrid or multi-cloud strategies, utilizing a combination of public and private clouds. Managed service providers will likely offer services that effectively help businesses manage and optimize their hybrid or multi-cloud environments. This may include workload placement, data migration, cost optimization, and governance across various cloud platforms.
- Security and Compliance: With the growing frequency and complexity of cyber threats, managed service providers will continue prioritizing security and compliance. This may involve offering managed security services (e.g., threat monitoring, vulnerability assessments, incident response) and assisting organizations in meeting regulatory requirements (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA).
- Edge Computing and IoT: As edge computing and the Internet of Things (IoT) gain traction, MSPs may expand their offerings to cover edge device management, edge infrastructure monitoring, and data processing at the network edge. Edge computing allows for faster response times, reduced network latency, and improved performance, making it an area of potential growth for managed services.
- Enhanced Customer Experience: Last but not least, we will likely continue to focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences. This may involve providing self-service portals, increased use of personalized dashboards for clients to monitor their services, more proactive communication, and quicker response to inquiries or issues.
Q: Any last thoughts?
A: I love IT and especially managed services. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything. Shoot me an email and I would be glad to connect.